Ginsburg Construction Updates
Planned for a Spring 2024 opening and located at University Park Campus, USC Viterbi’s 116,000 square-foot Dr. Allen and Charlotte Ginsburg Human-Centered Computation Hall will integrate all of our computer science programs into a transformative seven-story structure that will:
- Advance USC Viterbi’s role in improving and benefiting society through areas including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotics
- Attract the best students and faculty by creating an environment in which they flourish
- Serve as a living laboratory that supports USC’s commitment to sustainability, health, and well-being
- Set the bar for USC’s zero-energy emission as the first LEED Platinum certified building at USC
- Engineer a better world for all humanity
Construction began in November 2021
- Site demarcation, Fencing, and Construction Trailers are set in place.
- Pedestrian Routes outline by USC Transportation
- Rerouting of traffic on Downey Way with one-way traffic at the Vermont Gate
- Re-opening of Downey Way (at Guard booth) to one-way traffic
- Re-opening of Downey Street Parking garage
Three Week Look Ahead
The contractor remains in the 4-day work week from now through November 8, 2022 for the foundation work that is a risk to cause vibration.
After foundation is complete the contractor will revert to the standard 5-day workweek for the start of structural steel and the balance of construction.
The construction tower crane is anticipated to arrive toward the end of August and will require a 1-day shutdown of Downey Way. This will be coordinated with the affected buildings and Transportation.
Crane foundation to be put in place
Shoring handrail began 1/24 and will continue until complete
Published on December 15th, 2021
Last updated on August 1st, 2022